Friday, December 3, 2010

Sports in my life

Ever since I have been in the 8th grade, my life has revolved around sports. Before that, all of my brothers an I experimented with sports to see which one we liked best. We swam, played soccer, did gymnastics, we were lifeguards... Me and Sam even tried sailing for one summer. Personally, my favorite sport after basketball was gymnastics. I was extremely good at it an I loved it, but it came to a point where I had to choose between it and basketball and I chose basketball. It didn't take long for us to become a basketball family. My god parents (Ahmad's parents) new how time consuming this would become as we got older, but my parents had no idea. They never expected the countless hours they would spend in gyms, or the trips every weekend to and from games. When I got into high school o spent much more time with my teammates and in the gym than I did at home. After a while, my coach became like a "mom" and my teammates be I were all her daughters. I was scared to get in trouble or to get bad grades because of what my coach would do to me or what my coach would think much more so than my mom. I can't say that I would have my life any other way. Sports in my life, specifically basketball, has provided extreme enjoyment in my life. It has kept me in shape, developed relationships in my life, and it has taught me values in life like commitment, dedication, and hrs work. I am blessed to be a part of he Whitney young lady dolphins, and I am going to put my children in a position to be a part of a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment