Thursday, October 7, 2010

God


Does God Exist in Our Society Today?
My immediate, almost involuntary answer to this question is a resounding yes. I cannot speak for everybody, but in the way that I view society God does exist. We do not all have one unanimous opinion about God as perhaps we would have back in the early 1700’s, but God is still heavily regarded and in many cases relied on in our society. This is kind of a touchy subject for me, because it is hard to draw the line between science and religion. Now-a-days everybody wants to prove things scientifically which is understandable, but I think at some point we have to accept that there are some “how” and “why” questions that we will never tangibly know the answer to. I know I frequently find myself thinking why do bad things happen to good people, or why didn’t we win state, or why did the 15 year old student-athlete have to be the victim and not the 30 year old criminal? As many times as I may ask, I will never know these answers, and neither will the rest of the world. I continue to tell myself that everything happens for a reason, and God has a plan for all of us. I know that has been a saying that people have fallen back on many times in 2010. I don’t know how people are able to get through the type of terrible things that happen in this world without having that thought at least once in a while. God is viewed differently these days than he was say in the 17th and 18th centuries. The one view that I feel is timeless with God is his existence, and his purpose, and that is something I think that should not be questioned.

1 comment:

  1. you seem to be confused on your answer but i fully understand where your coming from good blog vicy. bebiendoooooooo

    ReplyDelete