Friday, October 29, 2010

Mother-Daughter, Father-son

I really don't know too much about the psychological and physical differences between men and women or their relationships with one another. I can only base my answer off of what I know from experience. In my house, all of my brothers and I have a very good relationship with our parents. We can pretty much talk to both of them about anything, and we love both of them equally. There may be some very subtle differences. In Kennise and my "mother-daughter" relationship, for the most part, we get along. We have similar traits, but like any other mother and their daughters we argue about a lot of stuff too and have a lot of disagreements. My father and my brothers don't really argue as much, but they got disciplined a lot more than I did when we were growing up. My brothers and my father discuss my father a lot, and me and my mother discuss other people a lot. My father and my brothers like to watch movies and speculate alternate endings, while me and my mother would prefer to go shopping, or get our nails done or something of that nature. While these are distinct differences, I don't know if it's because of the fact that there are true differences between mother-daughter and father-son relationships, or because of the differences in my parents and our personalities.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with your thoughts. Your brothers sound like great people! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do anything with your father?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its unique that you can talk about a lot of things with both parents. Most people either hide everything from their parents or just tell one of them.

    ReplyDelete