Friday, October 15, 2010

My meaning

So I'm a little confused at the prompt for this blog, "my meaning." My meaning of what? My meaning of life? Yeah, we'll go with that...

To me, life means making the best out of every situation. Unlike Candide, I don't feel that everything is always at the best it can possibly be. On the contrary, things are very rarely the best they can possibly be, but I feel one should go through life always trying to be at their best. If you are in a negative position, and it is something you absolutely cannot control, I feel like it is a disservice to yourself to not try and be as positive about the situation as possible. I don't see why people go around being angry all the time, or consistently doing things in life that don't satisfy them. I truly feel bad for people who are depressed, and are too sick to be happy. I don't know what it feels like to not be able to look on the bright side, or feel good about something. They are unable to grasp the concept of "things are not always as bad as they seem." In my opinion, the unhappy life is not worth living, not so much the unexamined life. The meaning of life varies with everyone, but this is one thing on which I feel we can all come to a universal agreement. It is hard to find meaning in life when you are not happy, so just smile :-)

1 comment:

  1. Inspring piece! i will definitely smile more! :-)
    Great work Vicky!

    ReplyDelete