Sunday, January 23, 2011

Winter Poem

Wintertime is here, it has been for a long time.
This is the longest season of the year, and the sun rarely shines.
It's always bitter cold, and the days are short and gray.
I long for the time when summer is here, and this season has gone away.
Even though the weather sucks, there are some good things.
Christmas, New years, and winter break, and basketball season is in full swing.
My brother also comes home from college, man I missed that guy.
He's nice to me, and gives me money, and makes me laugh until I cry.
When I'm not in the gym in the winter time, I am with the fam.
Or kickin' it with my crew: Ahmad, rashaad, jeremy, hope, mari, katrae and sam.
All the college kids come home, and visit at the school.
Most of them are lame as ever, but we all just let them think that they're cool.
I will not completely knock the winter, although I'm a summer girl at heart.
But when winter's over, and we're second semester seniors in the spring, then all the fun will start :D

-Vicky Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment