Saturday, May 21, 2011

Album/Track Review

The album I choose to review is My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West.
Kanye West is one of my personal favorite artist. I am hugely biased because he is from Chicago and I am a Chicagoan to my core. That not withstanding, from Chicago or not, Kanye West is wildly talented. Something I find special about him, is that fact that he is equally great at rapping and producing. I thought everything on the album was good, but what I liked the most was the Runaway extended video. I had heard a lot of people talking about it, but I first heard it when I visited my brother in Virginia and he had it playing on a big screen back in November. I watched the whole video... all 30 minutes of it... in one sitting. We watched it, analyzed it, then watched it again. This was before the album came out, so I had never heard any of these songs, and Kanye hadn't come out with anything big in a while, and this was HUGE. I thought all of the special effects in the video and all if the imagery was beautiful. When I got home I made my parents sit down and watch the whole thing as well. I never heard of anyone who had done something like that before; make a music video using almost every song on the album. I think it was a great marketing idea because now that everyone had gotten a taste of what the album was going to be like, it made people more likely to buy it. Again, credits due to Kanye West's creative and innovative mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment